All returns are electronically lodged and refunds can be paid straight into your bank account – the quickest way to get your refund. The majority of individual returns can be lodged on the day of your appointment, speeding up your refund cheque (payment of my fees needs to be made on the day, no return will be lodged without fees being paid first). Most refunds owing are paid into your bank account within 14 days, sometimes it can be a lot quicker than that. We also now offer to take fees from refunds.
Business hours are:
- Monday: 9am to 5pm
- Tuesday: 9am to 5pm
- Wednesday: 9am to 5pm
- Thursday: 9am to 5pm
- Friday: closed
- Evening: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday by appointment only.
For business clients I can offer onsite visits if necessary. Or for those that are time poor, I can consult via email.
AK Tax Services is kid-friendly! Kids will be offered entertainment packs to help with the appointment running smoothly for everyone!
Fees starting April 1st 2019
Fees will be quoted upfront for jobs outside of my standard price list and no work will be done until the price is agreed upon, meaning no nasty surprises. Our first meeting is free for business clients and there is no obligation to continue should you decide I am not the Tax Agent for you.
The fee structures is as follows, and are GST inclusive:
- Individual wage only return from $130
- 2 Individual wage only returns from $240
- Rental properties are an additional $85 per property
- ABN income returns start at $220
- Fee from refund $30 admin charge
Business Activity Statements
- Review and Lodge $155
- Preparation and Lodge $185
Additional copies of returns for bank or if lost $25 per return.
Partnerships, Trusts, Companies and Self-Managed Superfunds
These need to be quoted individually. I suggest you take advantage of my free first consult to come in and discuss your needs.
Payment options & terms
All Individual tax return fees need to be paid at the time of appointment and no return will be lodged until the account has been settled. All other fees the term is seven days.
Accounts can be paid via – Eftpos, Bank Transfer, Cash or have it taken from your refund for an additional fee.
You will always been supplied a paper copy of your return for your records.
Also to assist you with keeping track of your final return, your tax returns will now be available to you on my online document portal to download at any time – day or night. I will no longer be emailing through copies of returns or notice of assessments.
The portal is as easy to use as online banking. You will be issued a log in via email. You then set your password and we are good to go. You can then upload any documents you wish me to have and I can upload copies of your documents I have completed, for you to download at your leisure.
What to bring?
To make sure you appointment goes as smoothly as possible and return is finished quickly it is essential to bring the necessary paperwork. As you can understand I have stringent guidelines I need to follow regarding documented evidence regarding income and deductions.
As a start, the following items are essential for a basic wage return:
- Your BSB and Bank account number
- Copies of your PAYG summary
- Your tax statement from you private health insurance (if you have any)
- Detail of interest earned, dividend statements or managed fund tax statements
- Copies of all receipts you wish me to include for deductions. I must see evidence of the receipt or payment of the expense in order to claim a deduction
- Spouse name, date of birth and taxable income
- Details of any additional super contributions on your behalf
More extensive checklists can be downloaded from this site.
All new clients must bring photo id.