Below is a list of recommended documents and information that you need to bring in relation to your rental property.
Questions I will ask:
- How many weeks was the property rented for this financial year?
- Was it available for rent the entire year?
- Was there any private use of the property?
- Was the loan/mortgage re-financed during the financial year?
- Who owns the property legally?
Documents you need to bring:
- Property Manager annual statements (if you have the property managed by someone else)
- Total rental income (if you manage the property yourself)
- Loan/mortgage statements for the period 1/7/18 to 30/06/2019
- Any advertising fees paid for new tenants
- Bank fees
- Body Corporate or Strata Data fees
- Cleaning costs
- Insurance policies
- Land tax notices (if relevant)
- Council rate notices
- Emergency Services Levy notice
- Water Rates notices
- Gardening or Lawn mowing invoices
- Postage or Stationery costs in relation to managing the property
- Receipts for any repairs made on the property
- Have you had a depreciation schedule done for the property that I do not have a copy of yet?
- Anything else that you think is relevant to the property that I haven’t listed above.
As always if you have any questions please give me a yell on 73243247 or email firstname.lastname@example.org